COVID-19 Updated Office Policy
Masking requirements for patients
- Based on the most recent CDC publication, as of July 27th, 2021 all individuals (including those that are fully vaccinated) are recommended to wear masks in public indoor settings.
- For the purposes of our offices “public indoor settings” includes the lobby, optical area and any common area like hallways.
- Masks may be removed temporarily in the pre-test room or exam room, especially in the case where removing the mask will result in significantly improved test results, as long as no other non-family member occupies the same room at the same time.
- Vaccinated individuals will be permitted to remove their mask at the direction of the examining doctor once the patient is in the exam room.
- Family members are allowed to attend eye exams and wait in public areas (provided they comply with the mask requirement in public indoor settings).
- Eyewear and repairs can be done in the office. (Appointment required)
- Curbside dispenses are still available upon request.
- Vaccinated patients can remove masks during optical appointments while seated behind the protective barrier at the dispense stations.
- Drop in services are subject to availability with appointments taking priority for all services.
As healthcare providers we care for all individuals including those with immune compromise where vaccination effectiveness remains inconclusive.
If you have underlying health conditions that require special safety protocols, please let us know so that we can schedule you accordingly to minimize exposure. We will continue to follow the guidelines established by the CDC.